Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Snacks..............


When we did our schedule, Ms. Sherry put me over snacks. I didn't think it a big deal (I'm trying to make Robyn proud!), because I helped a couple of years ago with her. Word to the wise, if you are needing to spend 45 minutes at a snack giving literally starving children a tangerine, you better have a back up plan on spending time with the children. It only took them 5 minutes to eat that tangerine, so I was struggling. That along with the fact that my "translater" didn't speak enough english to help me, I was left hanging. So the first snack (of 3 groups) went O.K., we sang ALOT of songs. Well then for the second group, Ms. Sherry had us do the game we planned for yesterday which was to pass a "stone"(a washcloth wrapped in fabric) over your head to the person behind you until you get to the end of the line. That didn't go so well. They kept saying the other team cheated(nothing different from our kids back home), but I thought it was gonna go to blows! Then Judy (my saviour) asked me if I wanted to go fix our lunch in the classroom (we eat ours when the kids eat theirs), and I could of kissed her! I definately am a behind the scences person, (or with the younger babies), so I was completely outside my comfort zone! But anyway, it was a great day! They made bible candy, so we had kids with no food in their system FULL of sugar. It was hillarious!!!!!!!!!! I had a great time!!! I am waiting for today, we give out shoes (flipflops) to everyone today! I'll let you know how that goes!


For myHPC friends, I'll be praying for ya'll that the cleanup goes smoothly and quickly! I hate that I'm not there to help. I love all of ya'll!

Traci

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, barry broke the record!! I am losing my mind without you, but am so glad that you are getting to experience this! Love ya, Lou

JESUS FREAK :) said...

Hey mom i got my Braces off!!!!!!
My teeth feel so weird ill try to blog it.
And guess what im actualy excited about skool isnt that weird?=)
Im kinda freaked out about beeing excited well i love you!
Emma